Baby Corn provides the valuable nutrients that lack in most people’s diets. It is high in potassium, folic acid, and is a rich source of vitamins A, B, E and many other minerals. Furthermore, it is extremely low in fat and has a lower Glycemic index than regular corn making it a great substitute.This means it will contribute fewer carbohydrates to your diet overall and help with weight loss.
Baby Corn actually comes from an ordinary corn plant but it is harvested before its prime and therefore the taste is not as sweet as the regular matured corn, but still taste great!
Terra’s Fresh Baby Corn comes directly from Guatemala onto your plate.
Impressive Benefits Of Baby Corn :
- Improves digestion– Corn is filled with fiber which is a huge boost for digestion. It prevents constipation, hemorrhoids and even considerably lowers the risk of colon cancer.
- Skin Care– Corn is rich in antioxidants which helps the skin stay young for longer.
- Eye Care – Corn is a rich source of beta-carotene which forms vitamin A in the body and is essential for the maintenance of good vision.
- Helps the early development of a fetus – The folic acid in corn plays a crucial part to prevent abnormalities in an unborn baby.
- Prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy – Baby corn contains Vitamin B-6. Some studies show that Vitamin B-6 can treat nausea and vomiting in a pregnant woman.
- Protects your heart – promotes cardiovascular healthby lowering bad cholesterol levels in your body.
- Helps balance blood pressure – Baby corn can help keep our blood pressure level in check because it contains potassium.
- Prevent cancer – Corn is a rich source of antioxidants which fight cancer-causing free radicals. In fact, unlike many other foods, cooking actually increases the amount of usable antioxidants in sweet corn. It is a rich source of a phenolic compound called ferulic acid, an anti-carcinogenic agent that has been shown to be effective in fighting the tumors which lead to breast cancer as well as liver cancer.
- Prevents anemia –Corn helps to prevent anemia caused by deficiency of these vitamins. Corn also has a significant level of iron, which is one of the essential minerals needed to form new red blood cells; a deficiency in iron is one of the main cause of anemia.
- Help balance blood glucose – The glycemic index of baby corn is lower than a regular corn.
- Rich source of Vitamins – Vitamins A, B, E and also Vitamin B-6.