Baby it’s cold outside? Let’s make a Zucchini Soup! It takes less than 30 minutes start to finish, and one large bowl is only 60 calories!
You don’t need loads of cream to make a Creamy Zucchini Soup because the natural texture of cooked zucchini blends into a thick, silky soup.
Only Six ingredients is all it takes to make this quick, easy, delicious cream of zucchini soup!
Let’s take a good look at the star of this recipe. Zucchini. LOTS of it.!
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 medium zucchini, skin on cut in large chunks
- 32 oz reduced sodium Swanson chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh grated parmesan cheese if desired for topping (optional)
- Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, add the sour cream and purée again until smooth.
- Taste for salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Serve hot.
You made this Recipe? Share your pictures with us! to be feature #terrafreshworld