In this time of the year everyone at least has one party to go or to prepare. So, if you are in the second group and you are thinking in making a fabulous party where everyone have fun and don’t forget about your menu. Terra want to share with you this appetizing menu. Are you ready to be crowned as the best host?
You can start with a simple, but delicious, appetizer:
Asparagus Roll-ups – 4 serves
- 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 16 fresh green asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix cream cheese, bacon and onion in a bowl. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin, spread the top with the mixed. Trim asparragus in half and place two spears on each side. Roll up bread and put down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Bake at 200º/400F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
To continue with this menu, Terra propose an easy recipe as a main course:
Chicken breast with baby carrots – 4 serves
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives.
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind.
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce.
- 4 skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 32 baby peeled carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Fresh chives (optional)
- Thin lemon slices (optional)
- Combine 1/4 cup minced chives, 2 teaspoons lemon rind, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon oil, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce in a large zip-top plastic bag. Mix all and then add chicken to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag, discard the marinate and fry the chicken in a large skillet, always over medium heat. Add the same ingredients of the marinate and the same quantity, add baby peeled carrots and broth. Simmer for 15 minutes or until baby carrots are tender.
- Serve each chicken breast with sauce ( 1/3 tablespoon) and few carrots on top of sauce. Sprinkle one tablespoon minced chives and lemons slices, if desidered.
To finalize with this party menu, we have choice the best option in Chritsmas Time without spending all day in kitchen :
Panettone Bread Pudding – 4 serves
- 5 Panettone, slices
- 2 cups of Whole milk
- 2 Egg
- 1 cup of Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 112 grams of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Natural vanilla extract
- Cut the Panettone into small slice and put down in a baking dish covering any empty spaces.
- Pour the milk, butter and vanilla extract a pan and bring to boil. Mix the eggs with sugar until creamy in a bowl. When the milk boils, turn the heat off and wait 5 minutes. Then slowly add it to the bowl with the mixed
- Pour the custard mixture over the Panettone, add the Blueberries and bake at 180ºC/ 3350F for about 45-50 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Leave cool slightly and enjoy it!