It’s Kumquat time and Christmas time is soon, so we want to share with you two quick recipes with this citrus. A way to surprise your guest or family in your party. Take notes and enjoy cooking.
Tropical Kumquat Cake
-Ingredients for 12 serves
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1⁄2 cups chopped kumquats
1 cup chopped nuts
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar and oil until you get a mixture.
2. Fold in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
3. Then add kumquats, nuts and pineapple.
4. Pour into greased,with butter, and floured tube pan.
5. Put into the oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350°F.
6. Don’t forget to make sure during that time that it is cooked inside. Occasionally introduce a thin wooden stick.
7. When it is cooked, let cooler. Remove from pan and…. Ta daah!
(You can decorated the outside with sugar glass or cream frosting to make it more yummy)
Kumquat Gin Tonic
And after eating this delicious piece of cake, it’s cocktail time! You can prepare a quick and tasty gin tonic with kumquats. Whatch the video and try it, I bet that you will repeat it.