Give a different touch to your salads this summer; make them fresher, juicier, more colourful and fun. We suggest adding a new ingredient to your dishes, the Dragon Fruit or Pitaya. It’s a sweet and fleshy tropical fruit with a peculiar appearance and is highly recommended for this summer season . If you want to learn more about the Dragon Fruit or Pitaya, you can see it here.
The recipe we present today is very simple to make and can be customized with any of your favorite fruits such as papaya, mango, orange, passion fruit, pomegranate, apple, or whatever appeals to you.
Servings : 2-3
Preparation time : 5 minutes
- 1 fresh Dragon Fruit
- 1 cup of fresh fruit (according to your liking as we said)
- 1 cup of lettuce leaves (suiting your taste)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Cut the dragonfruit in half, gently taking out the fruit inside. Cut it into cubes and reserve the rind to use as a container.
- Dice up the fruit you’ve chosen.
- Mix all the fruits, Dragon Fruit, mint leaves and teaspoon of honey in a bowl.
- Once everything is mixed, serve the salad inside the shell of the Dragon Fruit, like a bowl.
This easy salad will help us freshen up and recharge the body with vitamins and antioxidants. It is also a good option for people following a low calorie diet. In addition to these benefits, the Dragon Fruit is recommended for those who cannot tolerate citrus and have vitamin C deficiency. Other contributions from this tropical fruit are that it helps prevent cardiovascular and degenerative diseases, including some types of cancers.
So do not hesitate to incorporate this amazing fruit into your cooking.